10 Things You Could Do in The Time It Takes Des to Run 50K
By: Callin Naddy
In addition to being really long and really fast, her result set a new world-best in the event by over seven minutes.
But if you’re less inclined to grind through the bike trails of Oregon for 31 straight miles like Des, here are 10 other things you could do with that time:
- Cook a 14 lb turkey.
- Watch the entirety of The Wolf of Wall Street, bowl of popcorn in hand.
- Drive the 180 mile stretch from Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon, to the Brooks HQ in Seattle.
- Solve a Rubik’s Cube . . . almost 60 times.
- Catch a flight from New York to the Bahamas (COVID protocols permitting, of course).
- Play a six-person game of Settlers of Catan.
- Make a batch of Shalane and Elyse’s Superhero Muffins. And then share them with a friend . . . who lives two hours away.
- Get a coronary bypass surgery. (This one seems like the least amount of fun, so, if you have the choice, we would not recommend it.)
- Barely squeak in under the Boston Marathon qualifying time for 18-34 year old males.
- Read all of the articles on The Harrier’s website (and then order yourself a shirt to celebrate).
With this performance, Des Linden is starting to make a case for being the best American women's distance runner of all time.
Order your Des Shirt here.